Monday, February 28, 2011

Society's Fault - I was sick, Jake was sicker

...so we're not counting this as an 'official' episode, because it's just me and not him. Still, I dug out some good shit (I think) so the show's probably worth hearing. I played the last side of the Minutemen's double-LP 'Double Nickels on the Dime' because I just recently bought it and have always thought the last side gets the least play.

Anyhow, podcast.

Playlist:

Proto-punk:
Hawkwind - Down through the Night
The Flamin' Groovies - She Said Yeah
Les Yper-Sound - Psyche Rock
Pink Fairies - Street Urchin
The Shaggs - What Should I Do?
The Seeds - It's a Hard Life
The Church Mice - College Psychology on Love
The Nerves - Hanging on the Telephone
Can - (My) Connection
Third World War - Rat Crawl

Punk:
Minutemen - 'Double Nickels on the Dime' - Side 4 (Chaff Side)
Untitled Song for Latin America
Jesus and Tequila
June 16th
Storm in My House
Martin's Story
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Dr. Wu
Little Man with a Gun in His Hand
The World According to Nouns
Love Dance
Three Car Jam

Vagrants - No Way Back
Lookouts - Outside
Surrogate Brains - Extreme Racial Pride
Simpletones - I Have a Date
Social Distortion - All the Answers

Post-punk:
Butthole Surfers - Too Parter (request)
Butthole Surfers - The O-Men (request)
Mission of Burma - Dead Pool
Stretchheads - 23 Skinner (request)
Meat Puppets - Other Kinds of Love
The Dead C - Scarey Nest
Afflicted Man - Get Stoned EZY

I'm STILL sick (or sick again, I guess) so don't expect anything beyond playlists this week. I'm tired and angry as fuck.

No comments: