Sunday, October 3, 2010

Playlist for 10-1-10...with a mini-tribute to song-poem dude Rodd Keith


I never really thought the whole song-poem thing was that cool...I mean, granted, it's kind of funny to hear amateur poetry over ill-advised 'rock' music, but I wouldn't really sit down and listen to the stuff. Rodd Keith seems to have created the best of these, putting his all into the music and doing a really wide range of styles (although maybe that was due to his rampant drug use)...so, I did a little featurette on him because it's weird stuff and that's what I do. I also played a side-long jam by an anti-government German band that apparently was pretty offensive to all 1 of the people who spoke German and were listening.

Get you the podcast.

Playlist:

Checkpoint Charlie - Track 1
Wold - The Field Hag
Y. Bhekhirst - Over All
T. Valentine - Hello Lucille...Are You a Lesbian?
R. Stevie Moore - Dates (Original Version)
Jim Shepard - Harry's Getting Ready to Shave

Rodd Keith set:
Beat of the Traps from 'Ecstasy to Frenzy'
Our Senators from 'I Died Today'
I've Been Hurt So Many Times from 'I Died Today'
I Died Today from 'I Died Today'

Moolah - Crystal Waters
Three Souls in My Mind - I Rather Be Dead
Alvaro the Chilean with the Singing Nose - Side 1 of 'Drinkin' My Own Sperm'
Diabolic Man - Diabolic Man
George Coleman - Transistor Radio
Lucifer - Witch Trial
Joah Valley - She Loves You
The Bachs - Minister to a Mind Diseased
Alex Chilton - Take Me Home and Make Me Like it #3
Sternklang - Electrostatic Discharge Conductance (Part I)

...also, I filled in on Forte again, so you can hear what I think metal should sound like from my podcast page, and you can check out what I played below:

Dead Horse - Every God for Himself
Dead Horse - Aplo
Tormentor - Damned Grave
Faith No More - The Real Thing
Brutal Truth - Die Laughing
Blood Feast - Venomous Death
Buzzov-en - Pathetic
My Dying Bride - The Snow in My Hands
Carcass - Feast on Dismembered Carnage
Carcass - Regurgitation of Giblets
Striborg - Digging a Ditch to Die in
Candlemass - Samarithan
Gore - A Cruel Place
Morbid Angel - Suffocation
Iron Maiden - Transylvania
Cathedral - Ride
Atheist - Mineral
Ataraxie - Slow Transcending Agony
Voivod - Facing Up
Exmortes - Forced to Be Silent
Brujeria - Matando Gueros
Brujeria - Seis Seis Seis
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Liege Lord - Rapture
Electric Wizard - Electric Wizard
Carnivore - Thermonuclear Warrior
Wold - Screech Owl
Eyehategod - Kill Your Boss
Mercyful Fate - Into the Coven
Cannibal Corpse - Rotting Head
Kyuss - Green Machine
Ulver - Chapter 1: Lost in the Forest of the Gnomes

Aside from that, my band Coma Nova won the Fight for the Tuna. Congratulations to us, I guess. We'll be rocking hard before Lightning Bolt and Wolf Eyes.

No comments: