Saturday, July 3, 2010

Playlist for 7-2-10, "This is My Private Life Pt. II"


If you know my program, then you know that I've always got some weird gimmick going on each week. A while back, I did a few 'theme' shows, which focused on a particular sub-category that I play frequently. There was 'Incredibly Strange Metal,' 'Electronic Pioneers,' and 'This is My Private Life'--a collection of private-pressing (aka vanity pressing) LP's from the 60's-80's.

Here's the spiel: Basically, prior to indie labels and independent rock, bands/musicians had to fund their albums by themselves. This also gets rid of any filter there would be (i.e. a label rep or a producer) and leaves the group open to pretty much whatever they want to do as long as they can pay for studio time and the actual pressing of the records.

Now, I present 'This is My Private Life Pt. II,' even MORE of these odd albums and artists.

DOWNLOAD THE PODCAST AND FREAK OUT

Playlist:

Jul 02 - 1:59 AM Abner Jay The Backbone of America is a Mule and Cotton The Backbone of America is a Mule and Cotton
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 1:52 AM Simon Finn Jerusalem Pass the Distance
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 1:49 AM Jerry Solomon Yob Elttil a Mi Through the Woods/Yob Elttil a Mi
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 1:46 AM Twilight Nuages Find My Dream Come True S/T
No Bizarro Jerry e/d
Jul 02 - 1:40 AM Vyto B Rocket Park Tricentennial 2076
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 1:39 AM Vyto


No
e/d
Jul 02 - 1:36 AM Bob Harrison What's Wrong with You Yellow Moon
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 1:34 AM Bobby Brown Let Me on Board Live
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 1:30 AM Cosmic Michael Cosmic Michael Theme S/T
No Bizarro Jerry e/d
Jul 02 - 1:21 AM Bobb Trimble Paralyzed Harvest of Dreams
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 1:16 AM Virgin Insanity In the Eyes Toad Frog and Fish Friends
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 1:08 AM Vermonster Rainbow Sound for Humans The Holy Sound of American Pipe
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 1:06 AM Mark Tucker Sideways Love Forever Batstew
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 12:58 AM Little Howlin' Wolf Stranger Mon Singles Vol. 1
No Bizarro Jerry e/d
Jul 02 - 12:51 AM Ray Harlowe and Gyp Fox Be Away First Rays
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 12:48 AM Dave Bixby Drug Song Ode to Quetzacoatl
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 12:45 AM The Patron Saints Do You Think About Me? Fohhoh Bohob
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 12:42 AM Nicodemus and Matchez I Am Not Happy Better Art Music
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 12:38 AM Countryside Unitarian Fellowship Goin' to Bethlehem Hey Jesus Christ Welcome to This World
No Bizarro Jerry e/d
Jul 02 - 12:33 AM Circuit Rider Forever Angel's Proud S/T
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 12:25 AM Touchstone Feel You in My Bones Music from Pandora's Box
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 12:21 AM Robert Gilligan In a Dark Room Dark Rooms
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 12:19 AM Eddy Detroit Beelzebub Immortal Gods
No
e/d
Jul 02 - 12:16 AM Gary Wilson Cindy You Think You Really Know Me
No Bizarro Jerry e/d
Jul 02 - 12:02 AM Stephen David Heitkotter I Don't Mind Heitkotter
No Bizarro Jerry e/d


I'll continue my Kutout Bin Klassics in a few days, so check back f'dat shit.

Also, vote for me at Songfight.org. I've never entered a songwriting contest like this before, and I thought it sounded fun. Basically, these guys give you a title for your song and you have to write it and post it within a week, then people vote on it. This week's title is 'Hard Landing,' and I wrote about what else but fat ladies falling down. My alias is MC Sharks in the Swimming Pool.

No comments: